true active ownership…
consistent absolute return objective…
highly focussed concentrated long only portfolios…
Viburnum provides growth and replacement equity capital and strategic direction to mid-market private companies within Australasia.
- Focused on specialist industrial strategies with Australian and/or Asia Pacific regional energy and mining end market exposure
- Currently manage three closed vehicles which commenced in December 2012, September 2014 and February 2018
- Viburnum’s fourth private equity vehicle (Viburnum Equity 4 or V4) had a First Close in December 2018. We are now investing V4
- Australian and US institutional and family office investors
- Often co-invest with global industry specialist GPs
MPC Kinetic Group
MPC Kinetic Group is a Brisbane headquartered diversified oil and gas and mineral downhole services company. MPC Kinetic is focused on Australia’s onshore coal seam gas sector as well as iron ore and coal resource definition.
Year Invested: 2012 / 2017
Minnovare is a mining technology business provides productivity enhancing advanced drilling alignment and data capture hardware and software solutions to the underground mining and civil construction sectors.
Year Invested: 2016
MTi Group designs, manufactures and sells blasting consumables to over 450 mines globally. MTi’s patented products enhance mineral production efficiency, and include BLASTBAG™ downhole inflatable bags, blast hole liners, borehole plugs, blast hole stabilizers and explosive retainers.
Year Invested: 2018
Shelf Subsea in an offshore subsea services group headquartered in Singapore, with operations in Perth, Sale and Karratha. The service offering includes saturation and air/nitrox diving, subsea drilling and rock bolting, ROV services and operation of specialist vessels. Services span the life cycle of a well and include: pipeline and umbilical installation, hook-up and tie-in, inspection, repair and maintenance, well intervention, platform removal, and plug and abandonment work.
Year Invested: 2015
Centurion is a global supplier of critical rental, infrastructure and support services to the Energy Industry. The Group is headquartered in Aberdeen with multiple offices globally.
Year Invested: 2013
National Energy Services Reunited (NESR)
NESR is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is one of the largest providers of diversified oilfield services in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia (“MENA” region) NESR trades on the NASDAQ exchange.
Year Invested: 2017
APE Mobile develops and supplies a paperless software application used by construction and engineering contractors, resources services and mining companies to more efficiently manage site documents and processes on tablets and web devices.
Year Invested: 2015
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is a long only fund which takes strategic or influential investments in a highly concentrated portfolio of Australian companies, predominately listed on the ASX, where
Key features of the Fund are:
- Inception July 2011
- Suited to Family office, institutional and high net worth investors
- Portfolio of 5-10 strategic holdings
- Absolute return hurdle of 8% p.a.
- Index unaware with low correlation to ASX equity indexes
- Low levels of absolute risk
- Bias to growth industries not well weighted in the ASX 200
- Private equity style approach to predominately ASX listed securities
- Clear and specific investment criteria
- Viburnum plays key role in originating and funding a complementary merger transaction for Pacific Star Network (ASX: PNW). Click here to read more.
- Viburnum contributes to successful activist campaign for Board refresh at Ardent Leisure (ASX: AAD). Click here to read more.
Performance (to 30 September 2019)
Fund Performance for Series A units and is net of all fees and expenses. Inception Date 1 July 2011. Returns are calculated on an IRR basis between FY12 and FY15 (and since inception) after which the Strategic Equities Fund mandate was converted into a unit trust structure.
How to Invest
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is an Australian open-ended unit trust governed by the Trust Deed for the Fund and applicable law. The Fund is only open to wholesale investors as defined in the Corporations Act. For further information or to
The VF High Conviction Fund invests in a highly focused portfolio of ASX listed companies that display attractive asymmetric payoff potential.
The Fund has a flexible investment mandate across the entire market cap spectrum and all sectors, excluding mining and energy sectors.
Inception December 2014
Suited to Family Office, High Net Worth, SMSF and smaller institutional clients
Concentrated portfolio of 10-40 companies
Absolute return hurdle of 8% p.a.
Index unaware with low correlation to ASX equity indexes
Strong focus on capital preservation and outperforming in down markets
The Fund primarily invests across 3 key investment categories:
Corporate Reset / Restructure
Cash / Low Volatility Income Streams
Performance (to 30 September 2019)
Fund Performance is net of all fees and expenses. Inception Date 12 December 2014.
Equity Trustees Limited (“Equity Trustees”) (ABN 46 004 031 298), AFSL 240975, is the Responsible Entity for the VF High Conviction Fund. Equity Trustees is a subsidiary of EQT Holdings Limited (ABN 22 607 797 615), a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: EQT) and is the Responsible Entity.
This information has been prepared by Viburnum Funds Pty Ltd, to provide you with general information only. In preparing this information, we did not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. It is not intended to take the place of professional advice and you should not take action on specific issues in reliance on this information. Neither Viburnum Funds Pty Ltd, Equity Trustees nor any of its related parties, their employees or directors, provide and warranty of accuracy or reliability in relation to such information or accepts any liability to any person who relies on it. Past performance should not be taken as an indicator of future performance. You should obtain a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about whether to invest in this product.
How to Invest
The VF High Conviction Fund is an Australian registered managed investment scheme governed by the Trust Deed for the Fund and applicable law.
The Fund is open to new investors with a minimum initial investment of $50,000.
To apply for units in the VF High Conviction Fund please complete the following simple steps:
- Read the Fund Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Reference Guide (RG).
- Complete the Application Form or Additional Application Form (for exisiting investors).
- Send the completed Application Form (including supporting identification documentation) to our Fund Administrator.
Link Fund Solutions – Attn: Viburnum Funds Unit Registry
GPO Box 5482
Sydney NSW 2001
For further information, to subscribe for fund updates or to enquire about investing in the Fund please click here to contact Viburnum.