true active ownership…
consistent absolute return objective…
highly focussed concentrated long only portfolios…
Viburnum provides growth and replacement equity capital and strategic direction to mid-market private companies within Australasia.
- Specifically focused on strategies with energy and mining service providers
- Currently manage two closed funds which commenced in December 2012 and September 2014
- Australian and US institutional and family office investors
- Often co-invest with global industry specialists
Kinetic Group is a Perth headquartered diversified oil and gas and mineral downhole services company focuses on wireline and well testing services across Australia and South East Asia.
The Kinetic Group includes:
- Surtron Technologies – Wireline survey and geophysical logging services to the mining sector
- Vause Oilfield Services – Wireline and oil production services to the oil and gas sector (Aust, NZ, Thailand)
- Grizzly Energy Services – Fluid management solutions to the onshore oil and gas sector
- Wildcat Chemicals – Quality production chemical and services to the oil and gas sector
Centurion is an Aberdeen headquartered specialist rental equipment provider primarily to the offshore global oil and gas industry.
The Centurion Group includes:
- Conserve – Offshore container, chemical tanks, and cargo carrying units
- Rentair – Offshore air compressors
- Seanic – Subsea equipment and field solutions
- Jacks Winches – Lifting and shifting equipment
- Mining Camps Australia – Remote accommodation units
- Tristar Water Solutions – Remote water treatment solutions
- APE Mobile – Paperless software application used by construction and engineering contractors, resources services and mining companies to more efficiently manage site documents and processes on iPads and web devices.
- Minnovare – Mining technology, Azimuth Aligner enables a drill rig operator to achieve correct orientation in up to 90% less time compared to traditional labour intensive manual alignment methods
- MPC Group – MPC Group is a leading Australian pipeline and energy construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative project solutions
- MTi Group – MTi Group specializes in BLASTBAG™ Gas Bags, air bags, blast hole liners, borehole plugs, blast hole stabilizers, explosive retainers and many other products
- Shelf Subsea Group – Shelf Subsea is headquartered in Singapore, with operations in Perth, Sale, and Karratha. The service offering includes saturation and air/nitrox diving, subsea drilling and rock-bolting, ROV services and dive support vessels. Services span the life cycle of a well and includes: pipeline and umbilical installation, hook-up and tie-in, inspection, repair and maintenance, well intervention, platform removal, and plug and abandonment work.
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is a long only fund which takes strategic or influential investments in a highly concentrated portfolio of Australian companies, predominately listed on the ASX, where
Key features of the Fund are:
- Inception July 2011
- Suited to Family office, institutional and high net worth investors
- Portfolio of 5-10 strategic holdings
- Absolute return hurdle of 8% p.a.
- Index unaware with low correlation to ASX equity indexes
- Low levels of absolute risk
- Bias to growth industries not well weighted in the ASX 200
- Private equity style approach to predominately ASX listed securities
- Clear and specific investment criteria
- Viburnum plays key role in originating and funding a complementary merger transaction for Pacific Star Network (ASX: PNW). Click here to read more.
- Viburnum contributes to successful activist campaign for Board refresh at Ardent Leisure (ASX: AAD). Click here to read more.
Performance (to 30 September 2018)
Fund Performance for Series A units and is net of all fees and expenses. Inception Date 1 July 2011.
How to Invest
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is an Australian open-ended unit trust governed by the Trust Deed for the Fund and applicable law. The Fund is only open to wholesale investors as defined in the Corporations Act. For further information or to
The VF High Conviction Fund invests in a highly focused portfolio of ASX listed companies that display attractive asymmetric payoff potential. The Fund has a flexible investment mandate across the entire market cap spectrum and all sectors, excluding mining and energy sectors.
Inception December 2014
Suited to Family Office, High Net Worth, SMSF and smaller institutional clients
Concentrated portfolio of 10-40 companies
Absolute return hurdle of 8% p.a.
Index unaware with low correlation to ASX equity indexes
Strong focus on capital preservation and outperforming in down markets
The Fund primarily invests across 3 key investment categories:
Corporate Reset / Restructure
Cash / Low Volatility Income Streams
Performance (to 30 September 2018)
|3 Months||1 Year||2 Years (p.a.)||3 Years (p.a.)||Since Inception (p.a.)||Since Inception (Cumulative)|
|VF High Conviction Fund Net Return||-0.8||8.9||5.7||8.6||11.5||51.0|
|8% Absolute Return Hurdle||2.0||8.0||8.0||8.0||8.0||34.0|
|Excess Return above 8% Absolute Return Hurdle||-2.8||0.9||-2.3||0.6||3.5||17.1|
|S&P/ASX 300 Acc. Index||1.5||14.0||11.5||12.2||9.6||41.5|
|Excess Return above S&P/ASX 300 Acc. Index||-2.3||-5.1||-5.8||-3.5||1.9||9.6|
Fund Performance is net of all fees and expenses. Inception Date 12 December 2014.
Equity Trustees Limited (“Equity Trustees”) (ABN 46 004 031 298), AFSL 240975, is the Responsible Entity for the VF High Conviction Fund. Equity Trustees is a subsidiary of EQT Holdings Limited (ABN 22 607 797 615), a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: EQT) and is the Responsible Entity.
This information has been prepared by Viburnum Funds Pty Ltd, to provide you with general information only. In preparing this information, we did not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. It is not intended to take the place of professional advice and you should not take action on specific issues in reliance on this information. Neither Viburnum Funds Pty Ltd, Equity Trustees nor any of its related parties, their employees or directors, provide and warranty of accuracy or reliability in relation to such information or accepts any liability to any person who relies on it. Past performance should not be taken as an indicator of future performance. You should obtain a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about whether to invest in this product.
How to Invest
The VF High Conviction Fund is an Australian registered managed investment scheme governed by the Trust Deed for the Fund and applicable law.
The Fund is open to new investors with a minimum initial investment of $50,000.
To apply for units in the VF High Conviction Fund please complete the following simple steps:
- Read the Fund Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Reference Guide (RG).
- Complete the Application Form or Additional Application Form (for exisiting investors).
- Send the completed Application Form (including supporting identification documentation) to our Fund Administrator.
Link Fund Solutions – Attn: Viburnum Funds Unit Registry
GPO Box 5482
Sydney NSW 2001
For further information, to subscribe for fund updates or to enquire about investing in the Fund please click here to contact Viburnum.