true active ownership…
consistent absolute return objective…
highly focussed concentrated long only portfolios…
Viburnum provides replacement and growth capital and strategic direction to mid-market private companies with a nexus to Australia.
- Unique focus on the metals and mineral intensity of the global transition to clean energy sources
- Theme based investments into specialist industrial providers of products, technology and services to the mining industry, enabling the production of the minerals that are required to deliver the energy transition
- Seek exposure to mining production volumes rather than exploration activity. By investing in specialist industrial providers exposed to diversified mining production volumes, rather than investing in individual underlying mines, we benefit from mineral demand growth but minimise commodity price and concentration risks
- Currently manage three closed end vehicles which commenced in 2014, 2018 and 2019
- Viburnum’s fourth private equity vehicle (Viburnum Equity 4 or V4) had a first drawdown in Q4 2019 and is currently being invested while the third vehicle (V3) is exited
- Returned significant capital to investors at attractive rates of return
Australian Specialist Industrials Investments
MPK is a Brisbane headquartered critical infrastructure service provider focussed on the LNG, mining and renewable sectors.
Invested: 2012 & 2017
Contract Resources provides critical path maintenance and waste recycling services across Australasia and the Middle East.
Cranecorp provides specialist crane services to mining, energy and industrial clients throughout key resource regions of WA, with a particular emphasis on major shutdown work.
Independant Parts supplies a large range of general and heavy duty truck and trailer parts to the mining and transport industry.
Maxmine is data platform that performs advanced analytics and data science on mobile equipment, delivering significant productivity gains to global open-pit mining operations.
Furnace Solutions is a specialist, critical path service provider of mechanical and demolition maintenance and shutdown services to the minerals processing industry.
MTi Group designs, manufactures and sells blasting consumables to over 450 mines globally. MTi’s patented products enhance mineral production efficiency, and include BLASTBAG downhole inflatable bags, blast hole liners, borehole plugs, blast hole stabilizers and explosive retainers.
Year Invested: 2018 – Exited 2023
Minnovare is a mining technology business which provides productivity enhancing advanced drilling alignment and data capture hardware and software solutions to the underground mining and civil construction sectors.
Year Invested: 2016 – Exited 2022
Damstra (previously APE Mobile) develops and supplies a paperless software application used by construction and engineering contractors, resources services and mining companies to more efficiently manage site documents and processes on tablets and web devices. APE Mobile has now merged with (ASX Listed) Damstra Limited (ASX: DTC).
Year Invested: 2015 – Exited 2020
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is a long only fund which takes strategic or influential investments in a highly concentrated portfolio of Australian companies, predominately listed on the ASX, where
Key features of the Fund are:
- Inception July 2011
- Suited to Family office, institutional and high net worth investors
- Portfolio of 5-10 strategic holdings
- Absolute return hurdle of 8% p.a.
- Index unaware with low correlation to ASX equity indexes
- Bias to growth industries not well weighted in the ASX 200
- Private equity style approach to predominately ASX listed securities
- Clear and specific investment criteria
How to Invest
The VF Strategic Equities Fund is an Australian open-ended unit trust governed by the Trust Deed for the Fund and applicable law. The Fund is only open to wholesale investors as defined in the Corporations Act. For further information or to